Friday, August 7, 2009

Another day, another fight


Oh how entertaining it is to have a house full of boys.  Yesterday was no exception.  After an afternoon of swimming, the two older boys were upstairs in their bedroom changing their clothes.  I was down in the kitchen cleaning up when Jay came down sobbing hysterically.  

I (thinking Jay was the one who was hurt) asked with a sigh, "What happened this time?"

Jay was able to curb his tears long enough to tell me that he had hurt Matthew really badly.  He said that he whipped Matthew in the back with his wet swimsuit and he was really hurt.

I start into my regular spiel...."Why do you two always have to hit each other?  You know you can really injure someone....yadda, yadda, yadda...."

Jay snapped back at me, "But Mom!  I thought Matthew was tougher!  And now I think I have weakened his powers!"

I guess that will be one less superhero in our home.


(By the way....Matthew is absolutely fine.  He had a red mark on his back that quickly disappeared.  Maybe his "powers" will be restored.)

2 comments:

  1. Can't stop laughing. Your boys are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny! Boys are just crazy and rough and tough. I am excited to have another one but I am hoping he will be a little sweeter than Luke:) I didnt know you had a blog but I am so excited that you do. Thanks for leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete