Monday, January 19, 2009

Backwards Logic

A Conversation:



Jay: "Mom, can I have a brownie?"

Mom: "No, Jay. Not right now. It's breakfast time."

Jay: "But I already had breakfast!"

Mom: "You can't have a brownie at 7:30 in the morning. If you are still hungry, I'll make you something else."

Jay: "Aargh......"


15 minutes later

Jay: "Mom, can I have a brownie?"

Mom: "No. Maybe after lunch you can have one."


Another 15 minutes later

Jay: "Mom, can I have a brownie now?"

Mom: "Jay....if you ask me again we won't make brownies at all anymore!"


30 minutes later (after I got out of the shower).....Matthew comes into my bedroom

Mom: "Matthew! What is that on your face?"

Matthew: "Br..... I mean apple."

Mom: "Oh really. Looks like chocolate to me."

Matthew: "Ok. It's brownie! Jay said if we ask you again for a brownie we won't ever get to make them again. So we didn't ask. We just ate one."


Gotta love their logic!

No comments:

Post a Comment